5 Ways to Relieve Allergies this Spring
Many people enjoy outdoor activities in the spring season when temperatures are mild and plants begin to blossom. The only thing that tends to put a damper on most people’s seasonal fun is the allergens that are everywhere. Are allergies impacting your life? Do you need tips to help relieve allergies?
5 Things You Can Do To Help Relieve Allergies
- Take a Medication to Relieve Allergies – Antihistamines relieve allergies can be found at any grocery or drug store. While some work better than others, it is important to use a medication that doesn’t cause drowsiness.
- Add Locally Produced Honey to Your Diet – While this remedy hasn’t been scientifically proven yet, some studies have shown a correlation between the consumption of local honey and relieve allergies.
- Keep Carpets and Furniture Clean – Dust, insects, pet fur, and many other things that cause allergies are commonly found in carpet. Regular vacuuming and carpet cleaning will help reduce the amount of allergens in your carpet.
- Use an Air Purifier in Each Room – Many air purifiers are great at collecting dust, pet hair, and other allergens that can be found in the air around your home. Some offer special functions which can help kill airborne viruses and bacteria.
- Change Your Air Filters Frequently – A clean air filter will help catch more allergy-inducing particles than a dirty one. Try to clean or replace your air filters monthly during spring and summer.
By following these simple tips, your chances of feeling well will likely improve this spring. Visit us at Dental Studio 101 for regular dental exams or to evaluate any concerns you have about your oral health.